Author Topic: Insurance For Onsite Massage  (Read 5474 times)

Julie Day

• Diamond Light Alumni
Insurance For Onsite Massage
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:02:50 AM »

I have an opportunity to do some on-site massage for some caregivers that work with brain injured individuals.  I do not have insurance right now, and wonder if there is a way to be covered if I work for the organization that is coming on-site.  Perhaps as an additional insured on an existing policy?, or maybe as a student (if I learn a new protocol under a supervisor).  Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

diamondlight

• Administrator
Re: Insurance For Onsite Massage
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:05:10 AM »

You would have to check  with the insurance company that  insures the company you are working for  to see if you if you would be covered.
Usually if you are an independent contractor and not an employee, you are not covered under your employers insurance but I would check with them. They may be able to add you as an additionally insured.

If you are receiving payment for the massage,  your student insurance wouldn't cover you. If you are not receiving payment, a student insurance policy might, but the clients would have to sign something saying they realize you are a student and not a professional, and this was part of your training.