Author Topic: Writings on Healing by Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan  (Read 6893 times)

Vajra

• Administrator
Writings on Healing by Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »

A beautiful quote about healing from the Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan

"In the game of life we tend to get bewildered and to lose track of our essential nature and identity, concocting endless opportunities for disharmony and disease. Illness may be a message of the soul to show us how to remember who we are. We are like a seed, whose shoots are conditioned by the forces of its environment, perhaps a bit stunted, or shooting out too fast. But deep inside, the seed holds the knowledge of its original intention and destiny. This is the healer's role: to help a person to remember their true being, to resonate with their true purpose. The phrase, ‘the face before I was born’ refers to that knowing which precedes our incarnation. It joins the limited with the unlimited, the human with the divine."

"The greater the healer, the vaster his spirit.
 In the end, healing is simplicity. A sacred space, which may be an outer one, or only internal, dedicated by love, in the attunement of peace and unity, inviting the presence of the divine essence, in the service of healing pain and suffering.

amrit

• Diamond Light Alumni
Re: Writings on Healing by Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »

i love this quote

we/ i need all the reminders and inspiration i can get on the simple truth of our natural perfection.   Being with, rather than 'healing'  clients is where the real possibility for healing actually occurs.  we as practitioners just hold the space for that with our intention and it seems to me that all the rest realigns itself organically.  and the bonus is that  it is humbling and purifying for us as well!

David

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

I will soar higher than the highest heaven,
I will dive deeper than the depth of the ocean,
I will reach further than the wide horizon,
I will enter within my innermost being.
You know me but little, O everchanging life,
I will live in that sphere where death cannot reach.
i will raise my head high before you will turn your back to me,
I will close my lips before you will close the doors of your heart,
i will dry my tears before you will not respond to my sigh,
I will fly to heavens, O world of illusion, before you will throw me down on
the earth.

diamondlight

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

These are from Pir Vilayat Khan

"We invoke the one whose body is the cosmos of the galaxies and our own bodies, Whose mind courses through our thinking, and Whose ecstasy arouses our acts of glorification, Whose personality is customized as our personalities, Whose presence is always there, Whose consciousness is focalized as our consciousness, and whose reality is beyond our reach." - Pir Vilayat

"You cannot help someone if you are in your ordinary consciousness. The challenge is to awaken dormant faculties within yourself. One must use intuition and creativity"

"You can only heal others if you are able to heal yourself."